What is the difference between Account Statement and Ledger?
As per the statements available on MyGeojit:
- Your Account Statement can be found under Statements > Account Statement > Account Statement
- It provides a detailed report of transactions that can be viewed on a financial year basis.
- It includes details of settled and unsettled transactions and shows a summary of the transaction below each entry for easy identification of details.
- The balance amount in your account will be shown at the bottom.
- Fund transfers made and approved during the day will be shown in your Account Statement on the day of the transfer.
- If you wish to view the internal adjustment journal entries, tick the include Product to Product fund transfer entries option while generating the Statement.
- Your Ledger can be found under Statements > Account Statement > Ledger
- It provides a report of ledger entries with respect to transactions for each segment and depository.
- It can be viewed for any period (up to 365 days).
- It includes only settled transactions. Hence, if you have traded and have an unsettled trade within the statement end date, the balance amount shown will not include the unsettled position.
- Fund transfers made and approved during the day will be shown in your Ledger from the next day.
Still need help?