How can I open a Geojit trading and demat account online?
Visit hello.geojit.com to open your account online. You will require an Aadhaar linked email ID and mobile number. Currently, only Resident individuals can open an account online.
Online account opening is carried out through the Aadhaar based e-KYC process or using data fetched from a KYC Registration Agency (KRA). Depending your registration status, you will be prompted to complete the Aadhaar e-KYC requirements.
Step 1. Go to hello.geojit.com
Step 2. Select Resident
Step 3. Validate your Mobile Number
- Enter your mobile number
- Enter the sum of captcha (eg: 1 + 36 = 37) > Continue
- Enter the OTP to validate your mobile number > Ok
Step 4. Sign-up with your Full Name and E-mail
Step 5. Email OTP Verification
Step 6. Basic Information
Step 7. From here, the process differs based on your KRA-KYC registration status.
If your KRA-KYC is registered with a valid address proof, you will be redirected to the Email Mobile Relationship declaration page. Skip to step 7 of the account opening process.
- If your KRA-KYC is unregistered/ registered with an invalid address proof, you will be redirected to the e-KYC page. Skip to step 7 of the account opening process.
You will need to upload the following documents during the process: For further assistance, please contact your nearest Geojit branch or our customer care line.
|1.||PAN||Ensure that the photo and signature are clearly visible. |
|2.||Bank Account Proof|
Copy of any of the following:
ii. Bank Account Statement- of the past 6 months
iii. Cancelled Cheque- with details of client name, IFSC and MIC
|3.||Signature||Scan/ photo of your signature on a white paper |
|4. ||Income Proof (for derivatives/commodity) |
* If annual income is given, any of the following documents must be submitted:
i. Latest Income Tax Return
ii. Bank statement- of the past 6 months
iii. Salary statement- of the past 3 months
* If annual income is not given, any of the following documents must be submitted: i. Net Worth Certificate- certified by a CA
ii. Self-attested holding statement