Can I open a single holder account to dematerialise securities owned individually and jointly?

Physically held shares can be dematerialised only into a demat account with the same holder(s) as given in the share certificates. 

For example, if one share certificate is in your name and another certificate has your name along with your wife's name, then you will need to open two demat accounts (one in your name and the other as a joint account with your wife).

Still need help? Create Ticket