How do I dematerialise physical shares that I have inherited from a deceased person?

If you have inherited physical share certificates from a deceased person, you will have to first contact the RTA (Registrar & Transfer Agent) of the concerned company to change the holder details to your name. After this, you can dematerialise and transfer the shares to your account.

The RTA's contact details can be found under the investor relations section on the company's website or on the stock page of the company on NSE and BSE. For any assistance, please contact your branch or our customer care line. 

After the shares have been transferred to your name, you can complete the dematerialisation process.

Still need help? Create Ticket