Why was my position squared-off?
Your position may be closed for one of the following reasons:
- Time-based square-off; all open intraday cash and F&O positions are closed at 3:15 p.m.
- You have not maintained the required margins for a position.
- If payments for buy trades are not received before the settlement pay-in time stipulated by the exchange, these shares are sold from Geojit's CUSPA (Client Unpaid Securities Pledgee Account) to the extent of the due amount.
- To recover outstanding dues/dishonoured cheques.
- For physically settled derivative contracts, F&O contracts of the current month need to be rolled over/closed two days prior to the final settlement day. If the margins/ securities required for the position are not maintained in your account, it will be squared off.
- For commodity derivatives, if requirements for valid delivery are not met on or before the start of the delivery period, the position is squared-off.
Still need help?