How can I apply for an IPO through Telegram?
IPO applications can be made on Telegram using mobile numbers registered/ unregistered with your Geojit account. To apply for an IPO through Telegram:
Step 1. Connect to the Geojit chatbot by sending Hi/ Hello to @geojitbot. First-time users will have to click Start
Step 2. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions by entering Y
Step 3. Enter your registered mobile number
Step 4. Confirm your Trade Code by entering Y
Step 5. Enter the appropriate option from the menu (2)
Step 6. Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number/email ID
Step 7. Enter the option number for Place Bid
Step 8. Select the IPO by entering the desired option number
Step 9. Select your Category by entering the desired option number:
- Retail Individual Investors
- Individual Investors (HNI)
- Employee / Shareholder / Employee / Policy Holder
Step 10. Confirm the selected IPO by entering Y
Step 11. Enter your Demat Account Number
Step 12. Enter your bid quantity (number of shares)
Step 13. Select your bid price- Enter C for Cut-off / P for Choose Price (to enter the desired bid price)
Step 14. Enter your UPI ID
Step 15. Read and accept the Terms & Conditions by entering Y
Step 16. Confirm your Order Summary by entering Y
Your bid request will be sent to the exchange, and you will be provided with an IPO application number.
Step 17. A fund block request will be sent to the UPI ID entered in the application. Bid confirmation is subject to successful blocking of funds via UPI:
- Open the UPI app
- Check the application details
- Approve the fund block request
Step 18. Enter M to go back to the Main Menu / Q to Quit
* Resident Individual, HUF (applying through their Karta), NRE, NRO & NRO-CM clients can apply through the eIPO facility, provided their bank account has the UPI facility.
* Investor categories include:
> IND- Retails Individual Investors can place bids up to Rs. 2 lakhs.
> IND (HNI)- Individual Investors can place bids for Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs. Applying at the cut-off, bid modification to reduce the bid price, and bid cancellation are not allowed for this category.
> Bids above Rs. 5 lakhs must be placed using the net banking ASBA facility provided by the bank.
* For shareholders/employees/policyholders of the concerned company, there is a provision to apply under the respective category (if there is such a reservation in the IPO).
* The IPO order entry facility is available between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (IST) during the issue period (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and market holidays).
* On the issue close day, applications are acccepted till 3:00 p.m. and may be extended, subject to the exchange bidding time.
* Investors must use their own bank account and UPI ID to apply for IPO applications. Using third-party bank accounts is not allowed.
* View the list of eligible UPI app.
* Investors can apply for eIPO via UPI fund blocking only if their bank is UPI 2.0 enabled. View the list of eligible banks.
* The cut-off time for acceptance of the UPI mandate is 5:00 p.m. on IPO closure day. Only UPI bids with the latest status as "Block Request Accepted by Investor" shall be considered valid. Investors are advised to place bids well in advance and approve the UPI mandate within the cut-off time.
* Only one application per PAN will be allowed under the same category. Multiple orders under a single PAN in the same category are liable to be rejected.
* Bid confirmation is subject to validation of the investor's demat account by the exchange and successful blocking of funds via UPI.
* Investors have to ensure that all activities related to the UPI payment process are completed after the bid is submitted to the exchange.